Be a Volunteer Food Runner! Drive to an organization in Marin, pick up a food donation, then drive it immediately to a Marin nonprofit that serves the hungry. That’s it! An hour of your time to feel the love from our donor and recipient partners, help the planet, and serve people in need. All you need is to be 18 or over, and have a vehicle and valid driver’s license, car registration, and our minimum amount of car insurance.
Once you're signed up and trained as a volunteer food runner, you can sign up online on a first-come, first-served basis for food trips that are posted each Friday for the following week. So, you can do trips whenever it's convenient for you -- we ask only that you do at least one per month. Or, if there are regular, weekly food trips available, you can "own" one or more of those if you like. And when new food trips come up during the week, you'll get an email or text.
We also have opportunities right now for volunteers to work as part of a team at:
- ExtraFood's office for an occasional or regular 60-90-minute shift.
- the Sunday Civic Center farmers' market, collecting donations from vendors and delivering the food to a single site. We'd need you one Sunday a month at 12:45pm.
Or, help us in other ways.
We have many other ways you can volunteer, including:
- Introducing us to possible food donors
- Keeping our website updated
- Graphic design for our collateral materials, ads, and other design needs
- Photography and Videography for our website, media outreach, and social media
- Helping out in the office with administrative projects
If you see other ways that you might contribute your time and skills to ExtraFood, we'd love to hear from you, or just get in touch and ask us what we need.
Our volunteers' relationships with community organizations and with each other are of the highest importance. We all work together to give food recovery "the human touch."
Click here to see a video celebrating our volunteers.
To apply, fill out the form below, email us, or call us at 415.997.9830 with all the below info handy. Thank you!
Register for a Volunteer Account
In order to sign up or express interest in any of our volunteer opportunities and activities, you’ll need to create an account so you can log in. Please complete the information below to get started!